Thursday, January 4, 2007

to my mom

before i begin to write here i want to write a note to my mom (and my dad if he somehow happend upon this)

the memories and words i share here are mine, and therefore in some way they are true. they may not seem true to you as you experienced them differently. sharing memories of the good and bad of childhood always involves the risk of making your parents feel as though they failed you. you did not fail me. the writing of these stories is for me, to express , to heal, to discover.

whatever they seem, i want you to know that i love you and that i would not be here were it not for your love and dedication. my solid and unwavering love for myself is a gift you gave me that is more important than anything else i have been or will be given.

i love you,
kmj

No comments: